Tips To Maintain Your Pool
March 14, 2022
Tips on How To Maintain Your Pool
Want to find a way to keep your pool clean and clear today if you want to enjoy it later? Besides simply cleaning your pool, what actually goes into pool maintenance? There are a few things that owners should be aware of and keep an eye on, on a regular basis, including:
Pump Basket: The lint pot acts as a second line of defense in the pool from dirt. It’s also great at eliminating hair that swimmers leave behind, which can wreak havoc on your pool and pump.
Skimmer Basket: The skimmer basket is located on the edge of your pool and filters debris and contaminants from the water’s surface. Keep this basket free of clogs.
Water Levels: It’s crucial to keep an eye on the water level. When the water level in the pool is too high, dirt can build; when the water levels get too low, your pool pump may be damaged.
Pollution Prevention In The Pool: The most important piece of pool maintenance advice is to keep dirt and debris out of the water in the first place. With these steps, you may avoid pollutants in your pool that might create issues and difficulties.
- – Go for a pH level of 7.4 or above.
- – Check your pool’s jets and position them to face downward for better water circulation.
- – Keep the pool pump running for at least 8 hours a day to keep the water moving.
- – Shock the pool weekly, or after a period of bad or harsh weather.
The number of routine maintenance and pool cleanings is determined by the size, kind, and usage of your pool.
Reasons for Cloudy Pool Water: Despite your best efforts, why is the water still cloudy? There are a few possible explanations for this. In reality, the best way to clear a foggy pool is to first understand why the water is cloudy in the first place. Consider the following factors:
- – Algae
- – Insects or trash
- – Ammonia concentrations are really high
- – Too much chlorine or too much water shocking
- – The pH level is incorrect due to high amounts of alkalinity.
- – Filter clogging
Keep in mind that the pool is a living creature that might change at any time. Water may become foggy for a variety of reasons, including wildlife, the light, and flora. Bird droppings, pollen, and rain are some of the other contributors.
Swimming Pool Maintenance: Cleaning your swimming pool involves numerous steps, including shocking, filtering, treating, and clarifying.
- Shocking is a method of rapidly killing bacteria, algae, and pollutants by increasing chlorine levels to dangerously high levels. Always read the manufacturer’s directions before using any chlorine product.
- Filter the water. Before using it. Use a pool and water-safe vacuum to remove any dirt or leaves.
- Treating to get the best pH and alkalinity levels in the pool, use the proper chemicals. A testing kit is available at your local pool supply store. To get the best pH and alkalinity levels in the pool, use the proper chemicals. A testing kit is always available at a local pool supply store.
- Clarifying the water to concentrate contaminants into a bigger bulk which are simpler to remove. Flocculant chemicals may ‘clot’ particles and remove debris.
Keep in mind that regular maintenance, such as cleaning and chemical treatments, are the best approach to avoid having cloudy pool water.
The easiest solution to avoid all the hassle of pool maintenance is to hire a professional like Green Army. We are a skilled pool service provider and will maintain your pool, keeping it clean, and making it swim-ready. Additionally, having an expert like us will help identify any possible difficulties and issues that your pool might have that could turn into costly repairs down the road.
The best part is after putting in the time and effort in on the proper maintenance, all the smiles and laughter to follow are priceless!<Back to All Blogs