What are the Benefits of Maintaining a Healthy Lawn?
February 4, 2022
Benefits of a Healthy Lawn
Here are a few benefits from how a healthy lawn can improve your personal lifestyle. Not only can a well-maintained lawn protect your property against harmful pests, diseases, and weeds, it can boost the over all value of your property.
Your yard can be the perfect place for you and your family to play, work, relax, and it can offer so much more if properly maintained. Here are some of the many benefits of a healthy yard!
- A Beautiful Lush Lawn
- This one is pretty self explanatory. You just have to put in a little time and some work, but the end result of a beautiful lush lawn that can be enjoyed and appreciated by friends and family is priceless.
- Prevent Erosion from Wind & Water & Prevent Areas for Standing Water
- Water and erosion can be very detrimental to a yard and the value of the property. If you have any areas in your yard that flood or have heavy flowing water during/after rain, there are several different options in regards to addressing this issue. For example, building a drain, making a pond, or even creating your own little creek bed. You can even plant certain plants around your yard that have a very strong root system which can help hold the soil together and also absorb excess water. Standing water is the number one breeding area for mosquitoes and other unwanted bacteria.
- Decrease Stress
- Multiple studies have shown that spending time in nature, or even just looking at grass, trees, & water, naturally decreases stress hormones. In the world we live in today, where we are always ‘plugged-in’, just looking at a lovely lawn can possibly help you to breathe easier, sleep better, and feel calmer.
- Increase Property Value/Curb Appeal
- When you go to purchase a home, what is one of the first things you will notice? Our guess, would be the home and the lawn/landscaping. A well-maintained lawn/landscaping can add 10 to 15 percent to the value of your home or property. While it may seem like a lot to maintain a healthy lawn, all that time spent keeping your lawn looking lush and beautiful, is time very well spent.
- Increase Overall Safety
- When a yard looks well-maintained, it is less likely to have intruders on the property. Statistics state that a well maintained lawn shows that a home owner cares about the property and pays attention over a lawn that has over grown grass and weeds, and any broken items around the yard.
- Improved Air Quality/Helps to Reduce Allergies
- A healthy lawn can help trap dust, pollen, and other floating particles and can improve the overall air quality. Many people are allergic to the pollen produced by some grass and a lot of common lawn weeds. When you have thick, healthy grass there leaves very little room for weeds to grow and thrive. Make sure to water your lawn at the right time of day and do not over-water, feed & mow your grass regularly, and your weed problems should become a thing of the past.
- Creates a Natural Cooling Effect
- Grass and other plants can help cool the air. Plants consume aka ‘breathe’ in carbon dioxide, they also release water vapor when they get hot, a process similar to sweating, which also cools the environment. Trees and other larger plants can lower surface and air temperature by producing shade.
- Saves You Money
- Gives You an Outdoor Living/Social Area
- It’s never a bad idea to disconnect from the rest of the world and enjoy the outdoors. When your lawn is maintained, and you don’t have to worry about unwanted allergens or unwanted pests you can lounge in the hammock, set up a fun outdoor game, have a picnic, or play and run around in the grass. Just enjoy time with your friends and family, and just be happy!